BRCR Now Rainforest Alliance Certified
The Rainforest Alliance works to conserve biodiversity and improve livelihoods by delivering sustainability auditing, verification, validation, and certification services based on the best available global standards; with the highest integrity, transparency, and quality; that generate positive economic, ecological, and social benefits to our clients; and that can achieve globally meaningful scale.
The Rainforest Alliance:
- Gives communities the incentive to protect biodiversity by offering people who live and work in threatened ecosystems around the world viable alternatives to illegal logging and other destructive practices.
- Ensures that workers, their families and communities are well-treated by making social responsibility one of the three pillars of sustainability and a prerequisite for certification and verification.
- Provides farmers, foresters and hoteliers with the tools and techniques to manage their lands sustainably by teaching them to reduce and recycle waste, improve growing and harvesting method, adopt safe working conditions and increase efficiencies.
- Develops and promotes standards for sustainability. Farms are audited against the Sustainable Agriculture Network's standards and forest operations are audited against the Forest Stewardship Council's standards, and if they meet the criteria for responsible management they are awarded the Rainforest Alliance Certified seal of approval.
- Link companies of all sizes to producers of sustainable goods and services.
- Enables all of us to make informed choices about the goods and services we buy. The Rainforest Alliance Certified seal assures consumers that goods were grown and harvested responsibly and the Rainforest Alliance Verified mark shows that businesses have made a verifiable commitment to services or sourcing that are better for people and the planet.